in Sickle Cell Disease
Expert Perspectives in Sickle Cell Disease to Cover Key Topics in Sickle Cell Disease Treatment
Expert Perspectives delivers health care providers with insights from key thought leaders on the latest advancements and current practices in medicine, in a concise and timely format. This issue of Expert Perspectives in Sickle Cell Disease will feature selected topics in Sickle Cell Disease that we hope you will find of value in your clinical practice.
The clinicians who were surveyed selected the following experts and topics.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
Associate Professor, Division of Hematology and Oncology
• Recent Advances in the Treatment of Sickle Cell Disease
• Approach to Patients With a High Number of Vaso-Occlusive Crises in the Past Year
Clinical Topic Updates
• Updates on the Understanding of Thrombotic Risk in Sickle Cell Disease
• Hemoglobin A Clearance in Sickle Cell Disease
Patient Care Perspectives
• Risks of Chronic Transfusion Therapy: Closing the Gap
• Telehealth in Sickle Cell Disease: Pros and Cons